Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm making a sad face.

I watched "True Life: I Support My Family" today. I know, that was my first mistake. It just made me realize, though, that some people have real problems. Unique's mother killed herself and Unique had no choice but to become the legal guardian for her three siblings (otherwise they would've ended up in foster care). She made $350 a week and had to pay the mortgage and the bills, not to mention the money she spent on groceries and clothing. Oh yeah, and one of her little sisters was five months pregnant, too. I don't know. There's probably no point in even writing about this, except that watching the show made me feel incredibly spoiled. Talk about spoiled! Let's move on to another show I catch on occasion...The Real Housewives of Orange County. This week, Tamra's husband Simon bought her a $40,000 diamond-encrusted Rolex watch. Tamra's reaction? "It's even cuter than my other one!!" Hmmm. And then, one of the other housewives, Vicki, spent an entire mini-segment bitching about how she was older than Tamra, yet she didn't have a Rolex. "I want a Rolex," she repeatedly said. "Where's my Rolex?" And, in the segment before that Vicki was bitching about her husband and saying that sometimes she wishes she was single. That's just a mean thing to say when you know your husband is going to end up watching the show. God. They should put all the Housewives in a room and make them watch every sad episode of True Life and Intervention, plus any documentary about Anorexia, Cancer, Huntington's Disease, Famine, War, and shows about how when we die, nothing happens.

No comments: