Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's alright Ma, I'm only sighing.

I apologize for not having written in a while. You know how it is, though, what with Christmas and New Year's, plus finally cleaning up that pile of hardened cat puke that's been festering in the laundry room. Busy bee! But the truth is, the real reason I haven't written in a while is that I've made some changes recently that have thrown my personal life into a state of turmoil/panic/relief/fear/comedy/cold-sweats/bloody-knees. It's quite a long story that I probably shouldn't get into publicly. Long story short, I've moved back to Lapeer for a while. It's good and it's bad. If you're a close friend and want to hear about it, I'll explain in more detail, but I'm not going to get into it on my blog. But I wanted to mention it because I don't want to confuse people, since I write a lot about the things that happen to me in daily life. So I don't live in Chicago anymore, at least not for the time being. But that doesn't mean my presence won't be felt there, and it certainly doesn't mean that Chicago is not in my heart. The lovely Kate (and her doting suitor Jon) has agreed to put me up for my planned numerous visits back, and for that I am eternally grateful. So anyway, that's my news. I had a traumatic experience today involving a cable installer, but I'm too wiped out to get into it, so I'll save it for when I'm feeling more cheerful. I just don't know what's so hard about reading and comprehending a work order. Apparently it's as hard as brain surgery.

Goodnight. I love you all, and when I say "you all," I mean the one or two people who read this. Thanks for your loyalty. Next time I see you, I'll be giving you a five dollar gift card to The Home Depot as a prize for said loyalty. Don't give me that look. Five bucks buys you A LOT at The Home Depot.

No comments: