Monday, November 19, 2007

How would we have, like, just...made a campsite in the middle of three piles of rocks, just by coincidence?

I read something in US magazine that disturbed me. You know those "Sound off!" sections where they have pictures of celebrities with little bubbles coming out of their mouths with quotes inside of things they've said? Well, of course, you all know that Thanksgiving is coming up so some of the quotes in "Sound off!" were Thanksgiving-related. Here's what T.R. Knight (George from Grey's Anatomy) had to say about it: "We believe that the Pilgrims and Indians had this nice meal together, but it's a lie. People were slaughtered." Whoa, T.R., don't you think you're laying the holiday love on a little thick? Here in America, we don't care about Indians. Alright? We care about turkey and FOOD, but not about Indians. I'm kidding, of course. T.R. Knight is right about Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was a real bloodbath. I don't know about you but when I think about bloodbaths and mass killings, I start to think about slaughtering a bird and eating it with stuffing. I don't know, I'm just saying. Here's what some other celebs had to say about Thanksgiving:

"I'm not much of a cook... We all chip in but I don't think anybody in my family wants me to handle the Thanksgiving dinner." --Angelina Jolie can do a lot of things (save the world?). Apparently cooking isn't one of them.

"Thanksgiving, man! Not a good day to be my pants."--Kevin James lets it all hang out on Thanksgiving.

"We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown."--What? Abe Lincoln is SO not a celebrity.

Check back at the Humane Egoist later this week for a list of things I'm thankful for.

No comments: