Thursday, November 29, 2007

I want you girls to know that if it weren't for this man here, I'd be standing here dead.

Today is day one of me being a better person. That includes posting more often to my blog. Sometimes I walk around thinking of blog topics in my head. Like today I was doing laundry and I was thinking about yesterday's blog and how I should have put 'dryer racks' under the heading "Things that are annoying." Dryer racks are so annoying! At least the one we have where I live is annoying. It's constantly collapsing for no reason. I'm trying to put some wet pants on the dryer rack and..whoa, it collapses. So I put it back together (kind of forcefully, I'll admit) and I try to put a sweater on it but..whoa, it collapses again. Some of you might be thinking that it's time for me to get a new dryer rack, but no, I'm not going to. I don't give up on my stuff just because it doesn't do the one thing it was made to do. I don't give up on my stuff, but I do get mad at (and sometimes shout at) my stuff. I'll yell things like, "Do your job, dryer rack! You do your job! Now!" After yelling at my stuff, I sometimes rip out a small patch of my hair, but whatever... It doesn't really hurt because I've worked myself up into such a rage that the adrenaline's really pumping, you know?

This morning I tried a new cardio machine at the gym. It's this stair-stepper that's kind of like real stairs...like an escalator that moves and that you literally walk up, not like your typical stair-stepper where you place your feet on platforms that simulate stair-stepping. I'm a fan of the show The Biggest Loser, a reality program in which obese people lose weight and compete for 250,000 and the title of The Biggest Loser. There was one competition on the show where the contestants were put on escalators (they were climbing up the escalators) and whoever could stay on the longest would win the competition. I watched and thought to myself: Yeah, that'd be kind of hard, but I could do it. It's more a mental game than anything. No, I was wrong. Walking up that escalator-style stair stepper was ridiculously hard. At first I put it on level 10, thinking that I do level 14 on the elliptical all the time. Then I was totally gonna fall off so I had to put it on level 4 and then I had to force myself to do 20 minutes. Anyway, props to the contestants on The Biggest Loser. They're bad ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.