Thursday, December 13, 2007

If it bleeds, it leads.

Hi everyone. That is, all none of you who read this. OK, I know you read it Kate. Thanks for reading my blog. You are my best friend. I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I guess I haven't written because I don't care. Just kidding! I've just been busy. The holiday season is upon us and I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping. When I say Christmas shopping, I really mean poking around on my computer, clicking around on Amazon, making lists of things to buy people, and not doing much buying at all. You know Christmas shopping is supposed to be fun, but it seems like nowadays everyone has their lists of "approved" gifts. I gave my family a list, just in case they had no idea what to get me, but I wouldn't mind it if I didn't get anything off my list. Surprises are more fun anyway. Whenever someone gives me their Christmas list I feel like I have to run out and find everything on it. And that stresses me out. I know it's my own fault and not the list-giver's. I'm a freak. I'm obsessive. I can't buy just one gift for someone and call it a day. I'll buy them five big gifts and three mini gifts. Sorry, this is a really boring blog. You don't care about me and my Christmas shopping and lists and surprises and this junk. You've got your own Christmas celebration to worry about. My poor mom. Christmas is always a super stressful time of year for her. It's the busy season at Blondie's. So I try not to talk to her until Christmas Eve if I can help it. I guess I get my obsessiveness from her, because she goes nutzo at Christmas. It drives me crazy. I called her last night to order a basket for someone and she cut me off mid-sentence, like she couldn't stand to wait for me to even finish my sentence, that's how over talking to me she was. I said, "So I walked outside and--" And then she cut in with, "(frustrated sigh) I gotta go, Liz." Apparently I'm a ridiculous waste of time. Christmas: more hassle than it's worth.

No comments: