Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I saw Mr. Riddle in his backyard. He was watching me.

Happy Halloween everyone. When I say "everyone" I am referring to the scores of people that read this blog. This just may be my last post ever, because I am anticipating my own death tonight. After all, it's Halloween. I'm going to a showing of the original 1978 classic "Halloween" by John Carpenter. Those of you who know me well know that Michael Myers haunts my dreams. I see his white, emotionless face and black eyes (Devil's eyes!) and crazy auburn hair wherever I go. I'm pretty sure that Michael Myers will be at the movie tonight because he's vain as shit. I think (and I've believed this for some time now) that the whole reason he even kills people is because they don't pay enough attention to him. Just because he walks slow, wears a jumper, and doesn't know how to use a brush doesn't mean he doesn't exist. All he wants is some tender love and maybe a cup of hot cocoa with those little mini marshmallows. Even though they melt away quickly, they're so deliciously slimy and puffy and well... I'm pretty sure that Michael Myers is going to kill me tonight at "Halloween." He'll do it discreetly because he won't want to disrupt the screening (vain bastard!), but he'll definitely do it. I bet you're wondering why I'm still going if I know I'm gonna get slashed. Look, I'm not a killjoy. It's Halloween. On Halloween the doctor prescribes fun. And I listen to my doctor. Mmm kay? If I do manage to appeal to Michael's sense of decency (or maybe bribe him with Junior Mints. He loves those minty morsels!), I'll certainly write again soon. Happy Halloween. Have a bloody good night. I gotta go. I'm making boo-ritos for lunch.

No comments: