Monday, October 1, 2007

Sex! It's still sex!

I'm a fan of Dane Cook. And...that's probably the only reason I endured "Good Luck Chuck." Directed by Mark Helfrich, this film had some charming moments, but was ruined by too many dick and fart jokes. The borderline offensive scene is one in which Chuck attempts to break his every-girl-I-sleep-with-marries-the-next-dude-she-dates curse by asking out the most attrocious creature he can find--a morbidly obese girl with acne, rotting teeth, and decidedly bad social skills. When he asks her out, she lifts her butt and lets one rip in response. Classy. Still, that girl is a real person! I can't help but wonder about the actress who plays her. I do love Dane Cook and hope he has a long movie career. He just needs to start making some better choices. They could've made the same movie with a lot less raunch and a lot more heart. Somebody call Nora Ephron!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I don't know about Dane Cook. I hear he steals jokes.