Monday, October 29, 2007

Joe lies.

I've got an ache in my heart.
I don't know why.
Maybe it's this Mandy Moore song I'm listening to.
Maybe it was the Mandy Moore documentary I watched yesterday.
She's very pretty.
And talented.
With good hair.
She's younger than me.
Why can't I get it together?
Why do I continue to buy ice cream when I know it's bad for me?
It tastes so good.
I worry a lot.
I can't clear my head.
I feel guilty.
There's a lot I want to do.
I'm not doing any of it.
Not even a little bit.
Well, maybe a little.
I'm getting my feet wet.
The me on the outside isn't the me on the inside.
I walk in the middle of the street so someone can't step out of the shadows and grab me.
I went to the movies alone.
I spilled my pop all over the bathroom.
I cleaned it up the best I could.
I told the snack girl.
She was mad at me.
Even though I cleaned it up the best I could.
I really did.
Clean it up the best I could.
I'm pretty good at a lot of things.
I can write.
And draw.
And sing.
And I'm funny sometimes.
But I'm constantly spilling things.
And tripping.
I want to lock myself away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Liz -- She shouldn't have been mad at you! I'm mad at her! I spill stuff all the time, too -- and I'm not very good about cleaning it up! Please stop feeling so bad -- you're breaking my heart!