Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sometimes, if things are closed, you just..open them up.

I just sent out my second application to a school at which I could potentially study nursing...in like two years when I get my prereqs done and have waited for the program to begin in May of 2009. Every time I send out an application, I get a nothing's-ever-going-to-be-the-same-again feeling. I hate change. Proof that God hates me: Today I went to Einstein's and I picked up a chocolate chip cookie. They have pre-wrapped cookies with labels that say things like "chocolate chunk" and "mudslide," etc. So I picked up a "chocolate chunk" one, except when I opened it: oatmeal raisin! What kind of a fucked up world is this? Maybe that's God's way of telling me that I'll never get into nursing school. You know, His way of saying nursing school is the wrong cookie in the right package. If so, I don't need that memo, God. Also, Dunkin Donuts is a sad place. Did you know that there is now a Dunkin Deli? Dunkin Deli sells pseudo-gourmet sandwiches and pizzas. A large Dunkin Deli pastrami sandwich costs 10 bucks! Um, when did I move to New York City? And: Hardee's introduced a new breakfast burrito that packs almost 1000 calories. Hardee's reasoning behind the monstrosity? (I'm paraphrasing here) "Well, people pull into McDonald's and feel the need to order TWO or THREE breakfast burritos to satisfy their hunger...at Hardee's they can just order one giant burrito!") Oh, well that's better then.

No comments: