Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Amazing Adventures of Invisible-and-Afraid Girl

Tomorrow is my second ever ambulance ride along. I am nervous. I don't want to go. But I do. I want to quit EMT class. But I don't. Why me, God?

I promise that this time I will let you know what happens. I am done with my finals now, so I will have time to really write it out. By the way, my Microbiology teacher was ONE HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES LATE to our final!! Then, after 100 mind-boggling questions about E. coli, I got to go wait for an hour in the sell-back-your-books line, just to be told that they'd already met their quota for my Micro book and would I mind slipping my value-less book into the donation box in the hall? Fuck you, girl at the bookstore. Girl with all the power.

Don't worry, I didn't cuss at her out loud. I'm too nice for that. Plus, I used to work at a textbook store, and I know firsthand that customers can be mean as geese. That's how I lost my pinky finger. What? You never noticed I don't have a pinky finger? No one SEES me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have told her that you would rather burn the book then give it to charity. You should then take a picture of the girl and say "and this is going to go with it."

Also, who gets these charitable donations? The homeless: I'm sure being able to actually name the microbes covering them provides piece of mind; "Actually Bob, that could be infectious because that is a trait of many Gram-Negative bacteria."