Saturday, April 18, 2009

Retro Dance Party

I have sickness, so...I thought I would post some clips and trailers from retro movies and shows that totally rocked my world. Please enjoy.

Um...I don't think there ever was a movie as good as "Caravan of Courage: The Ewok Adventure." Their version of a car? A camel with a tent-hut on its back! If you ask me, that's way better.

As my friend Jay once said (when we were watching "Tremors" and Kevin Bacon's character used a remote-control car to trick the graboids into going after it instead of him (after all, they are sensitive to motion)): "More evidence to prove my theory that Kevin Bacon is the smartest man alive."

They just don't make kids' movies like this anymore. The drama! The manipulation of rainbows! God DAMN it I want a horse with a rainbow mane.

This happens to be a very sad episode of "David the Gnome," in which he and his wife Lisa die, leaving behind David's beloved friend (and makeshift transit system) Swift the fox. But before David died, he did a lot of good as a vet to woodland creatures. I hope that when I die, it's pretty much JUST like this.

This may just be the best music video/song/movie ever! I showed this clip to my hairstylist so she would do my hair just like the singer's hair. Man, that is some good hair! Also...I was absolutely floored by the graphics.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love that Neverending Story song! and also, this scene single handedly ruined my childhood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXoARTAX! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!