Friday, January 23, 2009

No one saw this coming

My cat, whose name is Giuseppe, but who we all refer to as "big kitty" went to the vet yesterday. He's had this disgusting growth on his tail for quite some time now. Here's a sample of many conversations I've had with my mom since I discovered the growth over a year ago:

Me: Hey mom, when I pet big kitty's tail, I feel this disgusting knobby thing near the middle of it. It feels like he got his tail slammed in a door and now his tail is swelling up.

My Mom: Oh, that's nothing. You're crazy. There's nothing there.

This conversation probably happened 30 or so times over the past year. And then on Wednesday, my mom says, all self-righteous:

"I'm sure I'm the only one who cares enough to have noticed, but big kitty has a growth on his tail. He needs medical attention, so I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow."

But, the sad news is that big kitty went to the vet and it turns out that they have to cut his tail off! Next Thursday is the big day.



He has no idea...

4 comments:

Beach! said...

Liz,
no one fully appreciates the feline tail until it's gone. Cherish it while you can. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!

that is INtense. You're gonna be the proud proud owner of a tail-less cat! Is it gonna be, like, the whole tail? Or will he have half a tail. Don't cats use their tails for balance? Will he be able to walk? Will Jack discriminate against his tail-less feline friend?

I wait with anticipation.

Puck58 said...

Thanks you guys. Poor, poor Giuseppe and his impending tail-lessness is the reason I've decided to spend today in the tub.

Anonymous said...

Truly a sound system for healthcare.

Vet1: What is that thing?... /poke

Vet2: dunno, lets cut it off

Vet1: How much cat should go with it?

Vet2: Stop when you have a hard time calling it a cat with a straight face.