Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movie Trailer Magic

Hello and welcome to the latest installment of....MOVIE. TRAILER. MAGIC!!!! I've been sifting through trailers all morning and here are three that I think look pretty good. I've posted the ones that were available in HD in HD, so you may want to give your compy a little time to load up (Compy = computer (I like to shorten words that don't really need to be shortened, because I think it makes me sound cool...and well, I really need to feel cool sometimes because I'm incredibly insecure)) I think that extra loading time, by the way, is totally worth it.

So. Trailer # 1. "Sunshine Cleaning." It was produced by the same team who brought us "Little Miss Sunshine," which kind of leaves me wondering...can they make a movie that doesn't have 'Sunshine' in the title? Is that like...their 'thing'? But that's all beside the point. Steve Zahn. Need. I. Say. More.

Ok, Trailer # 2. "17 Again." Don't make fun of me for this one. I love movies where people go back in time and get to live part of their life over again. Or...movies where people wake up and suddenly their life is totally different, a la "The Family Man" or "Mr. Destiny." And they always realize whatever it is they're supposed to realize...and along the way we have some laughs. With this one, I find it a tiny bit hard to believe that Zac Efron grew up to be Matthew Perry. I'm just saying. I also love movies about people awkwardly trying to fit in in high school. You know, like "Carrie"? I get the feeling this movie is going to be a lot like "Carrie."

Trailer # 3. "The Last House on the Left." Oooooh. Yesssss. I love scary movies that don't involve angry earthbound spirits or videos that make you die when you watch them or washing machines that suddenly turn on for no reason and then when you lift the lid, there's a corpse inside. This is one of those movies that sort of dances along the border of horror and thriller. I love movies where people that you initially think are kind and wonderful and "wouldn't hurt a fly" turn out to be a little sadistic when it comes to fighting for their life and the lives of their family members. Plus, honestly, I would go see this movie for the title alone. It's a remake, though, so hopefully it can live up to the splendor of the original. One more thing: scenes of horror and tragedy set to the mournful sounds of a classic rock song as sung by a sad-eyed girl = movie trailer magic.

2 comments:

Clinton said...

If you like body-switching movies, I highly recommend you check out "18 Again;" it was a movie from the late 80s that starred George Burns and some random guy as a grandfather and grandson (respectively) who... well, switch bodies. It's pretty awesome/terrible.

ALSO... that slow version of Sweet Child O' Mine in the "Last House on the Left" trailer absolutely kills me. No pun intended.

Emily said...

LOVE the sunshine cleaning. And if I were Zac Effron I'd be worried...Matthew Perry isn't nearly as famous as him...well I mean now that FRIENDS is over. and the scary trailer got taken down :(